Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Pokemon GO Birthday Party Pokeball Pinata DIY Do It Yourself

Pokeball Pinata


Another game we had was a Pokeball pinata. This pinata cost me very little, I used an old beach ball, newspaper, glue, and some crepe paper. I started by inflating the beach ball.

I then used strips of newspaper dipped in a mixture of glue and water (you'll want to make sure you have plenty of glue, I used about 4 or 5 bottles for this) to paper mache the ball. I did leave an area around the valve open so that I could later remove the ball and  fill the pinata.  I let the ball dry between coats and I did about 5 coats of paper mache. Once all 5 coats were done, I deflated the ball and pulled it out through the area I left open. I then filled it with some candy and small trinkets. To close the ball up, I used some masking tape to tape over the opening. Afterward, I paper mached the taped area with about 4 coats.




After, all the areas of paper mache were dry, I began decorating the pinata with crepe paper. I started at the top with red crepe paper. I cut a large strand of red crepe paper and then folded it several times. I cut all the loops out of the ends so that each strip was only about 3-4" long. I also made little snips along the bottom edge of the paper to give it a frayed look. I then took each strip and began gluing it onto the ball. Once, I got about half way down, I started using black crepe paper to make the black stripe that goes along the middle of the Poke ball. The black stripe only requires about 2-3 rows down of crepe paper. I then moved on to white crepe paper for the bottom of the ball. Once, I was all done, I cut out a circle out of plain white printer paper and glued it to the center.



This pinata was tedious but fun to make and the kids had a ball destroying it. We hung it up outside and it actually made it through all 13 kids before it broke open. They loved scooping up all the goodies (of course there were some tears though because one kid had more than another). 

No comments:

Post a Comment